Sunday, 9 October 2011

Scrapbooking Sunday - Honeymoon Layouts

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday. It's a pretty miserable day here, and apart from a quick dash into town earlier to buy a couple of things I've been spending the day watching films and working on a Blurb Book for our Wedding Album! It's very exciting to look through all our wedding photos, I love them all so much. Not only the professional pictures (although these are amazing), but I'm loving all the guest photos too. 

However, I thought I'd take a bit of time out of album designing to share some scrapbooking layouts!

It had been such a long time since I scrapped, I think I very much fell out of love with it for a variety of reasons, but the wedding was the much needed incentive to get back into one of my favourite hobbies. 

We honeymooned in a beautiful hotel in Crete. We'd never been to Crete before, but we'd been to several other Greek Islands and loved them so we thought it would be the ideal place. We didn't fancy the idea of long haul (as the Maldives had been our original choice, but we decided against them at the last minute) and so we booked a luxury spa hotel instead. It was an amazing hotel, so far away from the usual standard of hotel we stay in on holiday - it was seriously unbelievable.



This layout was based on one of Shimelle's starting points and allowed me to use a huge amount of journalling to talk about the hotel and how much we loved it. I think one of the most important things I've found when getting back into scrapbooking has been to not be afraid of journalling, after all I scrapbook to tell a story!


The hotel room we stayed in had a private pool, yes really! It was amazing, and to top it off the hotel upgraded us to a sea view room as well because it was our honeymoon (along with a complementary botel of champagne and red wine, score!).

I used an 8x12 enlargement on this page, something I'll definitely be doing again. It's such an easy way to make an impact with a favourite photo.


Another of Shimelle's sketches, she really has helped me find my mojo again! This page is a real mix of old and new stash. While I've bought a couple of bits from my local scrapbooking shop, I've been making a real effort to use up old stash on my layouts.


The hotel looked amazing at night, there was light everywhere and one night we went for a wander around after our evening meal with the camera (and tripod!) to try and get some cool photos. None of the photos on this page are really worth a layout on their own, but I wanted to tell the story of what we did on this night of the holiday and I think all 4 together make a good page.


I'm still not sure about this one. I love the photo of Mark (and so I'm sure it'll get scrapped again) and despite everyone else liking it I just don't know. It all started off with me trying to use up stash, and part of me really loves it and part of me feels there's something missing. Either way, it's going in the album and as a plus point Mark really likes it.


And finally a page documenting my fear of getting my head wet. I had a bit of traumatic accident in one of those wave pools when I was younger, and although I can swim I'm not really a big fan of getting my head wet. As a result I normally just sit in the shallow end or dangle my legs in the pool when I want to cool off when we're sunbathing - unlike Mark who dives in at the first given opportunity!

So you can all pick yourselves back up off the floor now, yes I really have been scrapbooking! I'm loving it at the moment, and I think it's because I have some big events I want to document and create full albums for. I've even separate out all my photos for the honeymoon album and written a list of the different layouts I want to make!

So if you've been scrapbooking, recently I'd love to see what you've been up to - leave me a comment as I've love to have a look at your layouts too. Oh and thank you for all the lovely comments on my snowboarder hat, it's my favourite hat and hopefully I'll be wearing it again next year when we go to the Alps again if all goes to plan!

See you soon! X

PS - Did you notice the AMAZING tealight holders in all the photos. They were a wedding gift from Jenny, I love them!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Love all the layouts, love the use of the alphabets in the one with your husband and the one with the large photo is stunning. Glad your back to scrapping, can't wait to see more wedding and honeymoon layouts.I've recently found my mojo and I'm scrapping my boys loads.

Sarah said...

Wow, you have been busy with your scrapping!! Good to see you back blogging!! Love the lo with the big 8 x 12 pic!! xx

Claireliz said...

Amazing layouts Emma, you really have got your scrap back on. The layout of Mark all the Thickers is cool, I may be borrowing that idea D: Amazing photos too.
C
xx

Mel said...

Love all these layouts. I liked how you've staged the pics. I really like the graphic one with the alphas and the use of a big pic - stunning!

ortigasclover said...

Spotted your write – ups, it’s cool. Very beneficial and interesting there are some ideas I haven’t heard before. Thanks for sharing.

clover
www.n8fan.net

lee woo said...

I like your post a lot! You should write some more on this!Great job coming with such terrific post!


mocsbar.com

Leslie Lim said...

Thank you for posting some kind of information. It was really helpful since I am doing some research now.

Laiza
www.imarksweb.org

joy said...

Good day! I love your article so much. The picture was absolutely amazing. Please visit my site.
n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Barbie Chiu said...


Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it. Therefore that’s why this post is outstanding.Thanks!

www.gofastek.com