Friday, 7 October 2011

Finished Object Friday: Of The Snowboarder Variety

Today, I'm sharing a project I finished a long time ago but my extended blogging absence has meant that I have lots of things to show you. check out my post from yesterday to find out why I've been absent, I do have a good reason I promise.

This is my Twisted Limone Head snowboarding hat. I love this so much, it's the perfect slouchy hat for me! The actual pattern is a modified version of the Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure. I altered the brim and made the actual hat itself long - if you'd like to check out the actual modifications I made you can see them on my Ravelry project page.

I knit my version with self striping sock yarn - this project is a great alternative to knit with a pretty skein of sock yarn, other than socks! Mine is made with Twisted Limone in a custom dyed colourway by the fabulous Karen. You can find her shop on Etsy here, although it sells out very quickly. Updates are on a Saturday, normally at 6pm although due to personal commitments this week it will take place at 1pm. Don't forget to check out the Twisted Limone Ravelry Group for sneak previews of what colourways will be included in each weeks update!

Ok well that's it from me today, just a quick post at lunch time. As much as I love working in an office that's located in the middle of a Nature Reserve, when the weather is bad (like it is in the UK at the moment) there is nothing to do on your break! So, I'm off to check out some of your finished objects before it's time for me to go back to work. If you're stopping by via Tami Ami's blog and her Finished Object Friday post, please say hi and let me know what finished object you're sharing today. I'd love to take a look!

See you soon, Emma. X

PS - Thank you for all the lovely comments on yesterday's post - I promise I'll be sharing more details on the big day soon!

11 comments:

Sam Findlay said...

Great hat! I need one for my snowboarding adventures this winter!

pinkundine said...

Love the hat, great colours and I really like the modifications you made.

nothingbutknit2 said...

Lovely hat! The colors are beautiful

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Super hat, love the stripes

erin said...

I love the colors of your hat - and it looks awesome on you! congratulations on your wedding!

Amy said...

Great hat! Love the striping.

Melissa Plank said...

Nice hat and the colors are great, you look like you mean business!

suddenexpression said...

I'm a fan of slouchy hats myself. And sock yarn! Win win! Going to check out your mods now!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Congratulations! And not just for a fabulous hat!

myhookandyarnadventure said...

That picture is fantastic! You look pretty bad@$$! I love the slouchiness AND the colour! Great work, carve it up out there!

Andria said...

Your hat is awesome! I love the stripes. Congrats on getting married too!