Wednesday, 20 April 2011

WIP Wednesday: Chasing Butterflies Shawl

Hello again everyone... Yes this really is me back for a second blog post within a week. I said I was back didn't I?

I loved reading the comments on my last post - it's lovely to be back in blogland, I hadn't realised how much I missed it!

So I'm back today for Work In Progress Wednesday (Hi to anyone making their way over from Tami's blog!) and I'd like to share one of my current WIP's with you - my Chasing Butterflies shawl.

Excuse the rather bizarre photos, lace isn't the easiest thing to take photos of before blocking so you get an idea of the pattern and here I've pinned it to a foam pad that is soon to become a garden cushion!

The pattern is the Spriteling Mystery Shawl KAL that is current taking place in the lead up to Knit Nation this July. The photos have been taken just after I finished Clue 1 - I'm loving the pattern so far. More difficult than other lace I'd tried before, but I'm really glad I'm trying it as it's not as difficult as I thought!

If you're not already joining in and would like to, it's not too late to start. The KAL is running right the way through to the end of May so there's plenty of time to catch up!

And now I'm off to check out everyone else's WIP's this Wednesday.

Oh and for those of you wondering about my "Big Announcement" it is coming! My photos are all ready for go now for the big reveal so it'll be soon I promise. It's worth waiting for, or at least I think it is!

9 comments:

nothingbutknit2 said...

Your shawl is gorgeous. I love that color.

Leah said...

It looks beautiful!

Katili said...

What a beautiful color! And that lace is amazing.. I'll have to check out that pattern. I can't wait to see the finished shawl!

autumngeisha said...

How beautiful! That shade of purple is exquisite.

Tami Klockau said...

WOW WOW WOW. What a beautiful pattern and it's perfect for that color!

Vivianne said...

Yep, that color is fabulous !

Claireliz said...

Loving that Emma, I'm so envious of your knitting skills, I've finally finished that shrug & have just started knitting a jumper dress - might have it done by next summer lol.
C
xx

yvonne said...

You are certainly not one to shy away from a challenge Em, It is really lovely.

Rachel said...

oooh lush colour n pattern is cute too x