Friday, 29 April 2011

FO Friday: Every Cloud Shawl

I can't believe it's been over a week since I blogged! In the excitement of all the long bank holiday weekends (and like many I booked the 3 days off inbetween to make the most of it!) I've been busy doing other things!

My garden has been taking up quite a bit of my time, in particular the veg patch but more on that in a seperate post. I've also been knitting, sewing and planning... and mostly enjoying not being at work! Don't get me wrong I enjoy my job, but I enjoy being at home even more!

I haven't finished any new knitting projects since I showed you my Bird in the Hand mittens, but after my 6 month blogging break I do have plenty of catching up to do in terms of showing you my finished objects!

So today, it's the turn of my "Every Cloud" Shawl.

I adore this, it was first real attempt at lace and it turned out perfectly. The pattern is Shaelyn which is available on Ravelry and I knitted it using the wonderful new yarn base from Twisted Limone - Zingy Silk Sock which is a beautiful mix of 75% Merino & 25% Silk and the silk gives it a beautiful shine and drape.

The colourway I've used is Silver Cloud, a stunning silver grey that led to the name of this project Every Cloud, which of course is short for Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining.

It was also my first attempt at beading - it's difficult to see in the photos but I beaded the last two lace repeats with tiny clear beads. Time consuming but definitely worth it!

And now I'm off, to check out what everyone else has been making over on Tammi's blog for FO Friday and maybe catch a little more of the Royal Wedding coverage while I carry on with my latest knitting project - this time, more colourwork!

5 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

WOW, that looks beautiful and I can imagine even better in person.

I can't imagine how crazy the royal wedding stuff is in the UK. It seems like it's even crazy in the US, it must be non stop there!

Claireliz said...

It's gorgeous Emma, simply stunning. Not only do I need to learn how to do socks, I now need to learn how to do lacework :D you're a bad influence on me lol.
C
xx

Kathleen said...

Oh wow, I think my jaw dropped a little looking at this! It really is perfect! The colour and pattern are a match made in heaven, and your photography is just stunning. I'm not a shawl-wearer, myself, but I would wear this one in a heartbeat, it's a work of art!

And good luck with your garden, too. Hooray for homegrown veggies!

CloClo said...

This is such a pretty shawl!

Micayla said...

What a pretty shawl my dear. It is so nice to catch up and I cannot wait to read the garden post.
x