Friday, 15 April 2011

Finished Object Friday: Bird in The Hand Mittens

No, you're not imaging things - this really is me blogging! Was it really November since I last blogged? That's nearly 6 months ago!

There are many reasons I took a break from blogging, but the main thing is now that I'm back! I've got lots to share with you, including some HUGE news but that will have to wait for my next post I'm afraid.

I thought I'd start off my blogging return with a simple little post - a Finished Object Friday.

And this Friday it's the turn of my Bird in The Hand Mittens.

Started way back in December there's have been put down for quite some time, when I was actually knitting them they did knit up really quickly but I put them down about half way through the second one to knit other things and to be honest just forgot about them!

However, I recently decided enough was enough and it was time to finish them. So I did! I adore these, they are my first attempt at Fair Isle and I'm quite little hooked. I've already cast on for my next Fair Isle project in fact!

And my favourite detail, well it's the little bird on the inside of the thumb of course, hence the pattern name - Bird in The Hand. You can find the pattern here on Ravelry if you're a member. It does cost $6.00 to download but it's well worth it in my opinion. It's a beautiful and well written pattern!

So now I'm off to do some blog hopping and see what I've been missing. If you're here following the link from Finished Object Friday - Hello! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you and I'd love to visit your blog and see what you've been doing too.

Until next time... and my big news!

8 comments:

Gertie said...

Lovely to see you blogging again :-)
Gorgeous mitts.

Tami Klockau said...

YAY, welcome to FO Friday! Thanks for participating. Be sure to check out WIPW (one Wednesday) as well. :)

I love your mittens. They're beautiful!

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh, those mittens are beautiful. What an amazing flower chart! I'm not crazy about wearing florals, but I would happily own a pair of these mittens in a heartbeat, and your knitting is wonderful.

autumngeisha said...

The mittens are so lovely. You did a fantastic job for your first fair isle project. The little bird detail is so cute, too!

Rachel said...

Yay you are blogging again, thats very exciting! Mittens are just gorgeous seriously pretty.

nursenikkiknits said...

Seriously lovely mittens. The birdie is such and sweet touch. I love the picot edging

Claireliz said...

OMG I need to lie down, you've actually blogged!!! Oh how I've missed you ;D Your mitts look gorgeous & they are so warm & snug IRL.
C
xx

CloClo said...

Gorgeous work - I haven't the guts to try colourwork knitting yet!