Wednesday, 17 November 2010

WIP Wednesday {Fetchings Improved}

So the hat from last week is now finished (and I love it!) but I still haven't had chance to take photos... a bit of a blogging fail I know but I'll blame an extra busy schedule and increasingly short dull days. Soon though I promise!

So of course I know have another small project on the needles, this time it's a stash busting project with some yarn I've had for ages and I'm actually revisiting a pattern I knitted some time ago, the incredibly popular Fetchings.

Please excuse the poor photo, but it's pitch black here, so good photos just aren't an option during the week anymore.

I've changed this pattern in several ways, it's longer both at the cuff and the top with an extra cable repeat and has a proper thumb gusset rather than an after thought thumb. The first one is finished and I'm half way through the second one and I definitely like them better with the modifications. I'll post full details when I've finished.

Now I'm off to try and catch up on my commenting and check out all the other What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday posts, and the new Work In Progress Wednesday; a spin off for knitters!

As I'm a little behind on my commenting and also short of time tonight, I promise to catch up on my commenting soon (tomorrow!) as I know there'll be so many fabulous posts I won't have time to check them all out tonight!

14 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

Can't wait to see the hat! I love the color of your fingerless gloves. What yarn is that?

Affiknitty said...

Will you be back for FO Friday? I'd love to see how your modified Fetchings come out.

Leah said...

Those fetchings are a fabulous colour! The mods sound good - I've heard the pattern is a little short over the knuckles.

butlersabroad said...

Love the projects Emma, I'm not a skillful knitter I'm afraid, been working on the same scarf for well over a month!! The light box is brilliant, I just googled "home made light box" and we got some ideas. The most basic ones are just a cardboard box with large apertures cut out and covered with white muslin or tissue paper, the inside is then lined with white paper and the light source shined in. Give it a go, I was astonished at the difference it made to a simple photograph.

Hugs
Brenda 92

autumngeisha said...

Love that purple color and the cuff detail! Can't wait to see your mods. These are also on my queue to make someday.

Rhonda Roban Brausey said...

I am trying to learn to knit. I admire those that can do so. I find it hard to not drop stitches. Love the purple. Thanks for letting us have a look around. Happy WOYWW! #33

Denise said...

Looking forward to seeing your hat and your finished fetchings.

jude said...

Love the colour look forward to seeing the finished article.Happy Woyww
hugs judex #41

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a fabulous colour of wool, can't wait to see them finished.

Julia Dunnit said...

You won't have time to catch up in one night Emma - just visit where you can! Love the colour - why are they 'fetchings'?

roserose said...

hi so I just stampbled to your blog late last night. you are very talented and your projects are amazing.I was so interested in how you made the Modern Album but can't find the tutorial on how too. has it been too long and your removed it? if not would you please direct me to me.
thanks :)

Claireliz said...

They're lovely Emma, looking very snuggly
C
xx

Rachel said...

beautiful purple, i love the idea of WIP Wednesday and will be excited to join in x

Micayla said...

Looking very lovely Emma. I am enjoying your WIP Wednesdays. I must check out the others.
xx