Wednesday, 10 November 2010

WIP Wednesday {Don't Slouch Stripey Hat}

A couple of weekends ago I made a trip for the first time to a new yarn shop that has opened in Manchester called Purl City. I've been excited about this yarn ever since I found out it was opening... it's the first yarn shop that is within easy driving distance that sells lots of beautiful harder to find yarns. The shop was lovely, definitely worth a trip with lots and lots of beautiful yarns. Unsurprisingly I didn't come home empty handed!

However what was surprising was that Mark took me (of his own back!) and treated me to my pick of yarn! Well I wasn't going to say no and after much debate got these two lovely skeins of Fyberspates Scrumptious Chunky, a yarn that really does live up to it's name as it's a scrumptious mix of 45% silk, 55% merino wool.

I couldn't make my mind up between these two colours... they were both beautiful and would both work as the hat I had in my mind that I wanted to make with them. Mark suggested I buy both and knit a stripey hat.... I wasn't going to say no!!!

So after some hunting on Ravelry I found a pattern I was happy with that was for a slouchy hat, and after some slight tweaks to the pattern it's knitting up just as I wanted it too!

Although, the hat is actually practically finished now (unlike the photo above that was taken at the weekend when I had some daylight to take the photo) and I love it. I just need some more daylight to take a finished photo, although sadly that will have to wait until the weekend.

And now I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to on this What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday (Or in my Case Work In Progress Wednesday - a new spin off that I've just discovered for knitters!).

5 comments:

elephantJuice said...

That yarn is gooorgeous!! I love those colours! It sounds like pure luxury too :)

Micayla said...

The yarn looks so scumptious Emma. Cannot wait to see the hat finished. Thanks for the heads up about the paint, we have settled on soft linen and dusted fondant(dusty plum) perfect for the colder months I think.
xx

Claireliz said...

Oh that yarn is Lush! Looks like I need to plan a trip to Manchester. your hat is looking lovely too, Looks like it was good timing getting that knitted considering the weather we're getting here in the North at the moment.
C
xx

Rachel said...

ooh looks yummy cant wait to see it all finished yum x

Cheri said...

Gorgeous! I just recently made a purple and hot pink hat that I adore as well....

http://cheriquitecontrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/gorgeous-hat-with-large-flower.html

New follower, too!