Sunday, 7 November 2010

Finished Object {Snowboarder Hat}

Despite the fact I've been knitting for over a year now, up until now I haven't knit anything for Mark. I think the reason for this is threefold... I value my knitting time as I don't have much of it and so only want to knit things that people will appreciate. I have lots and lots of things that I want to knit for myself (and again not enough time to knit them all). Mark is very particular about his clothing and up until now hadn't expressed any interest in me knitting something for him.

So when he hinted he might like a hat, I sat down with him and asked him to pick a pattern from Ravelry.

He picked a hat that is knitted entirely in 1x1 twisted rib. Now don't get me wrong it's not a difficult pattern... but any of you knitters out there will know what I mean when I say it takes forever and is incredibly boring. This must have taken more than twice the length of time it would have taken me in plain knit stitch. But Mark likes it, so I'm happy - you could call it a labour of love! If you're interested it's a free pattern available on Ravelry here.

Today we went for a walk round a local Nature Reserve... Mere Sands Wood in Rufford if you're local and it's a lovely trip out. If you're lucky you might spot both Kingfishers and Red Squirrels there. No Red Squirrels today, but we did get a fleeting glimpse of a Kingfisher (although sadly too fleeting for a photograph).

However it did give us the perfect chance for Mark to wear his new hat (and me to get some photos of him in it).

It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning as it was a beautiful sunny crisp Autumn day and it was nice to get out and about before we got on with the inevitable task of decorating (as always!). However on a positive note the room we are now starting will become my craft room... ok so Mark calls it the Study, I call it my craft room ha!

1 comment:

Claireliz said...

oh, I love that hat. I have the same problem of not enough time & too many patterns, it sounds like your Mark is very similar to my JP, except, Jay runs screaming whenever I suggest I knit him something, I tend to use it as a threat now..."stop it or I'll knit you something!" infact its our 7th wedding anniversary this month & the traditional gift is wool, he he ***villainous moustache twiddling grin*** I'm gonna knit him something & he'll have to wear it LOL!
C
xx