Monday, 11 October 2010

Finished Object {It's all Fine & Dandy}

I don't know why I haven't blogged for so long, with all the best intentions in the world I seem to have struggled to find the time. Maybe it’s the crazy busy workload at work (which incidently I still love – despite how busy it is) or the increasingly dark evenings that have meant I’ve been struggling to find the time to photograph what I’ve been working on.

But that’s just it, despite my lack of blogging I have actually been really quite creative with several different projects… mostly finished and some really HUGE projects as well. But for now as a bit of an introduction into one of the several things I’ve been knitting here’s my fine & dandy scarf. I love this, it’s so soft (and was featured in its half knit state here) and I should hang my head in shame as it’s been finished for ages I just haven’t got round to photographing it until now.

But the beautiful weather we had this weekend finally gave me the chance to grab a few snap shots, although this morning there’s a bit of a nip in the air. I love this time of year, there’s something magical about Autumn and best of all it gives me the perfect opportunity to wear my various different scarves and hand warmers!

If you'd like to knit this pattern, it's called the Dandy Scarf by Dull Roar and is available on Ravelry to download for just $5.00.

It's a great pattern, and I knitted it as written apart from the fact I only put 2 tassels on rather than 3, but I seriously love this. And even better, Mark actually wants one! He tried to steal this as he thinks it's a great snowboarder scarf but then decided he'd rather have 1 in green. So watch this space, Mark in a hand knitted item coming up!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay, it looks ace. Looking forward to seeing Mark in a handknit :)

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous scarf Emma, Love it & want one :D
C
xx

yvonne said...

I really love this scarf it has turned out lovely well done you!

Micayla said...

Love, love, love the scarf Emma. Do your talents end girl? Im off to be lazy and buy one today, the weather here has really turned chilly and I was freezing yesterday when I took Emily out leaf hunting for playgroup.
Looking forward to seeing all your creations, I agree about the bad light and trying to get things photographed. I have stuff I want to share but have not got around to it yet.
xx