Friday, 10 September 2010

Finished Object {Ruffles Scarf}

Sorry I've had a little absence again, I've been meaning to post for a while but life just seems to keep getting in the way. Work, the house, friend's weddings, family BBQ's, kniting with Jenny... the list goes on! Oh and my birthday!!!

I had a great time on my birthday, got some lovely presents and had a generally fabulous day as both me and Mark took the day off work and went shopping to Manchester where I got to spend my birthday pennies and Mark treated me to a few things as well. On the way back we stopped off at a fabulous woolshop The Black Sheep in Warrington and Mark let me loose with his money! I was actually very restrained considering I was buying with someone else's money, but more about that in another post soon.

So now onto another finished item, that I actually finished quite a while ago but just haven't had chance to show you yet.

My ruffles scarf.


I loved this pattern, it's very very simple and knits up really quickly. Great for TV knitting. The only slight down side is that you increase from 200 to 600 stitches in one row to create the ruffle which does take quite a while but it's worth it!

It's available to download from Ravelry here for just $3.50.

So I now have yet another item to add to my winter wardrobe for work, as everyone keeps telling me how cold it is in Winter there.

I'll be back much sooner this time, to show you more craftiness... promise!

P.S Thank you for all the lovely comments on the last post, they really made my day. I've been meaning to take part in WIP for the last 2 weeks but I've been busy on both days. Next week definitely!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

ooohh this is super cute i likes a lot xx

Claireliz said...

Liking your scarf very muchly
C
xx

Jenny said...

Yay, I love this very much x x

Micayla said...

Oh my gosh, I want one of those scarfs. It is gorgeous...must try knitting again.
Sounds like you had a fun Birthday, so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you my dear.
I know what you mean about absences, I was away for over a month..shocker!!
Anywho hope you are well, how is the house coming on?
xxx

yvonne said...

Its really lovely and will be an asset to your winter wardrobe!