Wednesday, 25 August 2010

WIP Wednesday

So here's me taking part in What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday for the very first time! But I don't really have a workdesk at the moment... However I do have a WIP!

So here's me taking part in WIP (Work In Progress) Wednesday!

A little while ago I visited Woolfest, a wool based crafting fair in the lake district. I came away with numerous different goodies, including this rather beautiful skein of Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend. A very very pretty wool, but one that requires a little work before you can knit with it.

Mark is becoming super skilled a holding these skeins up whilst a turn it into a ball, something that really does require two people otherwise you just get into a big tangle... or alternatively a skein holder, a device I do not own, yet! I say yet as I have a feeling Mark will probably buy one for me just to eliminate his role in this!

However, I do think they look really pretty... both as skeins and when they are wound into a ball.

So this weekend Mark helped me wind this skein into a ball, and I started to knit with it. And currently it looks like this... a very long thin scarf! It actually looks thinner than it is, as it's curling back in on itself and will continue to do until it's blocked. But I'm loving the colour combination of this variegated skein.

And if you're particularly interested you can see what this scarf will hopefully look like, and get the pattern from Ravelry here.

So that's what I'm currently working on, and now I'm off to check out all the other wonderful things everyone else taking part is making.

31 comments:

Morti said...

Lovely colours Emma!

Helen said...

Love it!

Andria said...

Beautiful colours in that wool, it looks so soft too!

Sue said...

Hi Emma
welcome to the mad house, gorgeous colours, happy WOYWW, sue,

Becks said...

Very, very pretty skein.
x

judie said...

that is beautiful, i bet he buys you one soonish !!!

hugs
Judie xx

Sarah said...

The colours are Sooo gorgeous! I keep meaning to take part in Whats on your work desk but other stuff gets in the way and I forget...maybe next week!!

joey said...

Hiya

I am always amazed at what can be done with a ball of wool, this is gorgeous beautiful colourpick

Joey.x

Cheryl said...

oh what a beautiful colur love it,hugs cheryl xxx

Wipso said...

Hi Emma. I went to the woolfest at Builthwells. Aren't they wonderful places? Really love the colours in this wool and look forward to seeing the finished scarf.
A x

Claireliz said...

hiya Emma I normally WOYWW but didn't get round to it this week, I LOVE the colour of that yarn. I've just learned to crochet.... finally
C
xx

Lou and Mel said...

Mmmmmmm - lovely colours !

Daniele said...

gorgeous coloured wool love knittiny myself
hugs

Carola Bartz said...

Lovely yarn and absolutely stunning colors!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. I love that yarn. The colors are perfect for a scarf. I bet it's going to be lovely when it's finished. Keep us updated, please. Sorry I'm late getting here. happy belated WOYWW.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm such a dufus. I forgot to welcome you to WOYWW. You are going to love it here. That's what I get for being in a hurry.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Great you decided to join in. Loving the colours in your wool.

See you next week.......Happy Creating.....sorry i'm a little late!

xx

Tami Klockau said...

I love the colorway as well! My husband is currently my swift as well. I'm hoping Santa brings me one for Christmas. ;)

Thanks for taking part in WIPW!

Affiknitty said...

It's gorgeous! Which colorway is that?

paula said...

Manos makes such gorgeous yarn, and this colorway is beautiful! I sit croslegged on the couch and use my knees as a swift -- just a tip in case you're ever home alone with a skein!

Denise said...

Love the colors of that yarn.

I usually prop my foot up on my hassock and toss the skein over my knee to wind into a ball. It works great when you can't find a helper.

autumngeisha said...

Gorgeous yarn. Manos always has the best colors. The simple pattern shows off the yarn beautifully.

Dina said...

lovely colors!

jude said...

Gorgeous colours of your wool.Have a happy WOYWW day
hugs judex#20

Julia Dunnit said...

How gorgeous - universally appealing colours - can only imagine how soft it is. Good choice I'd say, and isn't Mark a sweetie - not sure I'm patient enough!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love your choice of colours

S said...

Those colors are gorgeous - you can't help but enjoy working with them.

butlersabroad said...

Beautiful colour, love it. I'm trying to knit a scarf for a Christmas present, it's just a really good thing that I didn't specify exactly which Christmas!

Hugs
Brenda 90

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love the colors.. It is looking great so far.. hope to see it done on another woyww..

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin #50

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Emma, welcome. I'm a newbie as well (only week 3 for me). Thanks for joining in. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 36)

Terrie B x said...

Looks lovely TFS:) x