Sunday, 1 August 2010

Summer - Where did June & July go?

Was it really mid way through May when I last made a blog update? That's 2 and a half months ago... how did that happen? Well really it's not all that surprising considering in that time I've completed my final year at night school, moved house and started a new job!!!

But 1 at a time...

The new job is fantastic. Definately by far and away one of the best things I've ever done with my life.

Day trips out are normal, chatting is encouraged and it's quite common to find us in the pub for one reason or another having a "working lunch". Such a change for me! Recently we visited one of our Nature Reserves near the coast for a day out, and it was gorgeous weather. The purpose of the day? It was a team building day out for the conservation team (which includes me now, eeekk!) and we just went for a look round.


Can you see the rabbits in this picture? They just ran out of the bushes by chance as I went to take the photo!

Love how we all have backpacks with our packed lunches in... we really were like kids on a school trip haha!

I'm actually happy at work these days, which is a far cry from how it used to be. But I won't bleat on and on about my work life on here... except from to say once more how much I love it!!! I had a job I hated for a long time, so right now it's amazing to get up in the morning and not dread going to work.

While I've got loads to share, I won't bore you all with a huge post about everything I've been up to for the last 2 and a half months though. Instead, I'm going to steal a fab idea from my dear from Jenny and write myself a list of goals for the coming week (and hopefully encourage me to blog a bit more)....

1. Blog at least twice... to update you with everything that's been going on with the house!!!

2. Finish knitting the first skein of my lace shawl... it's grown a bit since this photo was taken and in total will take 2 skeins to complete. I'd like it to be 50% complete by the end of the week.

3. Make a start on some hand warmers with the amazingly soft 100% alpaca wool I bought in the Lake District at the weekend. I've been given a heads up my office can be cold in the winter so I'm already thinking ahead!

4. Get myself back to Stitch & Bitch... again with the aforementioned Jenny!!! The combination of everything that's been going on meant I just haven't had time for it, but I can't wait to go back.

As I'm not at work tomorrow, hopefully I'll back soon with some progress. XXX

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice to see you back hun x

Rachel said...

nice to see you back hun, so pleased you like your job x

alexa said...

Lovely to see your return and that new job looks wonderful! Can I offer to come and be tea-girl? Looking forward to seeing the result of the goal challenges ... :)

alexa said...

Lovely to see your return and that new job looks wonderful! Can I offer to come and be tea-girl? Looking forward to seeing the result of the goal challenges ... :)