Sunday, 22 August 2010

Finished Object {Cafe au Lait Fingerless Gloves}

Finally (if a little later than originally planned) something crafty to show you!

I finished these over a week ago, but have only had chance to take some photographs today. I love these, and I learnt loads making them... including how to SSK (slip slip knit incase you really wanted to know!) and also how to M1 (how to create a new stitch - how I made the thumb gusset). A lovely pattern, and best of all it's free!

Cafe au Lait on Ravelry. They are also part of the August KAL (Knit Along) on the Fingerless Gloves Fanatics group along with a prize if you post a photograph of 2 finished mitts before the end of August.

However they have also made me fall even more in love with expensive wool. These were knit with 100% Alpaca... not the easiest thing in the world to knit with but it's ridiculously soft. However it's not exactly cheap either!!! But it's worth it, as I don't have the time to be a hugely productive knitter I can afford to treat myself to luxury wool. However it does mean I have to knit with what I buy!!!

I am currently being very good and have been knitting up my stash of lovely yarn. I've got another finished object to show you (but you'll have to wait for another post for that) and I'm well on the way to my next one. All knitted with my stashed yarn, yay for me being good! Although is it terrible that I'm now considering what yarn I'd like to buy to make up for the dent in my stash haha!

Oh and just incase you think I've only knitted one mitt... here's the photo that proves I really did knit both of them!

4 comments:

MRJ4Y said...

mezzin

Rachel said...

oooh seriously cute, it is nearly time to start thinking about mitts xx

Jenny said...

Yay, lovely :-) Also loving that fact that Mark commented! x

Joy said...

You do beautiful work! The gloves are very pretty!