Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Doing it digitally... LSNED

Once upon a time I used to be a scrapbooker. Yes really! Although to read this blog of late you wouldn't have known!

Somewhere along the line I fell out of love with scrapbooking. I actually can't remember the last time I checked out a scrapbooking shop, or even thought about making a page.

However more recently, now that life has calmed down slightly (i.e. college is over, I'm slowly settling into the new job and the house is slowly but surely coming together) I've been thinking about what scrapbooking means to me.

I still want to document my life. I still want to record more than just the photos I take. I want to record the story behind the pictures. I've also come to realise that time is an important issue for me; in the fact that I don't have enough of it! I love knitting of the fact I can pick it up and put it down with so little hassle.


Several years ago I bought a class from Shimelle... Learn Something New Everyday. It happens every September and once you've bought it you get to take part every year for no extra cost, and over the last few days I've seen this come up and several different blogs and it got me thinking. Maybe I'd like to scrapbook again?

My first reaction to this? "I don't have to scrapbook!"

But actually maybe I do... digitally!

I have image editing software, I have a laptop, I have a digital camera... surely that's all I need! No sorting through boxes of supplies, no making a mess, no clearing up said mess. Maybe this is just what I need.

So I've treated myself to a full digital kit. I've never bought digital scrapbooking supplies before... I was always a paper scrapper. And I'm sure deep down I still am, but right now I need to fall back in love with scrapbooking and I do think digital is the way for me to do it.

So I'm commiting to complete Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class... digitally. Eeek! And when I've finished I'll print the book on Blurb (I printed a portfolio book for my college photography coursework and I was very very impressed!).

I love this kit, it's so pretty and everything I love right now. Plus it all coordinates, and for the lazy days there's even page templates... hurrah! Fingers crossed, I'll be a scrapbooker again before I know it.

I'd love to know if you're taking part too so please leave a comment and let me know. If you're not and would like to, you can find out more details about the class here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm taking LSNED as well. Although paper is still the way for me. I'm sure digi will work well for you if you are short on time! Look forward to seeing what you do!