Sunday, 14 February 2010

Be My Valentine...

...7 years. Yes this is the 7th valentine I'm celebrating with Mark. How did that happen?

Seriously, where did the time go? I've been a bit obsessed with feeling like I'm getting old this year. Maybe it's the fact my brother is now 30, the fact that Mark isn't that far off 30 and that I'm turning 25 this year. Or that many of my friends are getting married and having babies, that we're looking at houses to buy or just the fact that someone born in 1990 is 20 this year!!! We realised this at work a few weeks ago and I still let it go. People born in the 1990's are still young kids in my head, not 20 year olds!

But moving on to something slightly more cheerful, it's Valentines Day! We celebrated last night with a good old Rom Com and the M&S Dine in For 2 For £20. And very nice it was too! The plan for today is just to chill out, watch some films and have a lazy day. I've started knitting something new (and much bigger than my previous projects) so I'm hoping to get some work done on that and also I'm going to dust off my sewing machine as I've got a project in mind that I've been thinking about all week that I want to have a go at. Hopefully I'll be back later to show you how I got on!

The fabulously talented SJ is having a blog party this weekend and is currently offering chances to win several different prizes. My favourite is this absoloutely gorgeous woodgrain canvas... it's gorgeous. Head on over to her blog for the chance to download lots of freebies and a chance to win lots of different fabulous prizes.


I wish I could paint. I can draw, infact I got an A in Art at GCSE down to that very fact. I really enjoy (and if I do say so myself I'm really quite good at) drawing with both pencils and chalks but me and paints never got on. Maybe I should give them a go again some time.

4 comments:

Polly said...

It does make me feel old when you put it like that - this is our 10th Valentine's Day!

I've got one of the M&S dine in things ready for tonight so I'm glad it gets a good review. Enjoy the rest of your day xxx

Sarah xx said...

That's not old - wait til you are nearer 40 than thirty - that's when it gets scary!!! xxx

Jenny said...

Aww, congrats on 7 years hun! Well done on winning the canvas too, i'm sure it will look great hung in that house you're dreaming of :-) x x

Claireliz said...

Emma you are not old, you're younger than me (clinging to my twenties by my fingernails)
I don't know where the time goes either its our 7th wedding anniversary this year