Wednesday, 2 December 2009

JYC and Fake TTV!

Yeah alright, enough with all the acronyms! But hey, I know what they mean and I'm sure most of you do as well.

So I managed to take the photo this morning that I needed for the first prompt. Christmas decorations hanging on a bare branch outside. Totally inspired by this photo from Shimelle.

Anyway, when I'd taken it it still needed a little work to be what I imagined in my head. So after tweaking it in photoshop to "age" it and adding a fake TTV overlay I was happy and had the image I'd imagined in my head. For those of you who don't know TTV stands for Through The Viewfinder and is a technique done by taking a photograph using a digital camera through the view finder of a much older camera. But you can also recreate it using photoshop, there's loads of free layers about. I like searching on Flickr where lots of people upload shots taken of blank pieces of paper using their old cameras. The one I've used is here.

So I for my first page of the journal I wrote about what I want from this journal. Very similar to the standard one given by Shimelle but I've tweaked it slightly to include some stuff about photography.

And so the second prompts leads us to take about the weather. I captured this shot at sunrise hanging out of my bedroom window! I love winter and how easy it is to get excellent sunrise and sunset photos, the abundance of clouds at this time of year certainly help!

The second page in my journal talks about how I like cold dry weather but in this country it's more likely to be cold and wet which I hate. And of course about how I love the beautiful sunrises and sunsets at this time of the year.


This year I've decided to do my numbers different everyday. Some will be pretty similar, and I've made quite a few already but I'm loving mixing the styles up. Stops me getting bored anyway!
Tonight I'm going to try and do the cover to my album and maybe even make a start on my new knitting project. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with pictures to share.

6 comments:

Micayla said...

Hey you,
So glad to see you posting again. Six weeks is a long time and I have missed my Emma dose. I missed my photography{adore the tree photo} and layout inspo' and now it looks like I will have to add knitting too. It is something i have not done since i was a child and would not know where to start again....but I am trying to resist so don't go sharing fab projects will you.
Love what you are doing with JYC, the album looks fab so far and i cannot wait to see more.
So you are getting a new camera, lucky you. I have my eye on a new one but it may have to be the year after for me. I cannot save for buttons.
Right must dash, I have a Christmas journal to do even though my damn printer gave up on me last night!!! Goint to do the journaling and batch order a load at the weekend.
xxxx

Laura said...

Welcome back to blogging!

Loving your jyc so far! That photo is stunning, you are lucky to have such gorgeous views out of your window! I have a row of terrace houses out the front and the tube line out the back! Lol!

Liberty :) said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :) Young scrappers rock!

Your blog is great, keep blogging! Your page is great and I love TTV I didn't know there was an actual term for it!

Also glad you like to ogle Edward. I'm team Jacob baby!

Hope to see you soon xox

Leanne said...

Lovely pages!! And stunning photo's as always! Welcome back to blogging!!

Mideiwfe appt went fine, but apparently my bump is on the large size?! Hmph!! Oh well as long as baby and me are healthy i'm happy!!

Cath said...

Love what you've done with the TTV overlay - I've not seen those before & it's such a fab effect :) Also loving your journal - not got as far as the paper with mine :(

Sue Abbott said...

Found you via Micayla, wow are you talented!!!! What a great job you did on Micayla's photo, very kind of you. x