Saturday, 3 October 2009

The Big Knit 2009

Because I really needed another hobby didn't I? Like I really have enough time to do everything I want to do and have many a spare hour waiting to be filled...

Not.

But seriously, I have acquired a new hobby. Knitting! Yes really. I blame Jenny, it's all her fault with her lovely knitted goodies that I've been admiring.... And then talking about it at work. So for my birthday one of the girls I work with bought me a "Learn to Knit with Barbie" kit! So much fun but the instructions made no sense what so ever. All I can say is thank goodness for You Tube!

And then, with perfect timing we are taking part in the Big Knit 2009 at work with Innocent Smoothies & Sainsburys. Basically, you knit little woollie hats and send them off to Innocent and they put them on their Smoothie Bottles and for every one sold Innocent & Sainsburys will donate 35p to Age Concern & Help The Aged this winter.


I've only just started, my first is a work in progress but it's coming along quickly and while it's not perfect it's not too bad!

If you want to join in you can find out just about everything you need to know (including some sample patterns to get you started) on the Innocent Website.

1 comment:

Claireliz said...

Ooh love the idea of knitting teeny hats. I don't understand knitting instructions either.
x