Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Day 1 - One Good Deed

So today was the official start of Shimelle's September class Learn Something New Every Day and tonight I settled down with the basket of yummy stash I'd put together for the class and did the front page. Ok so it's rather a shameless scraplift of Shimelle's front page but it got me back in the swing of scrapping again and I did love the page.

Oh and apologies for the rather dodgy white balance on this, but it is 9.30pm here and I couldn't be bothered changing it in photoshop!


And so onto the first day of class. What did I learn today...

...That doing something for somebody else can have unexpected benefits.

And the story behind it. Well as I sais in the last post he is out of action at the moment and he needed to go into the workshop today so I said I'd take him in. As some of you already know, I start work early as it is and so this meant getting up even earlier than I normally do. But if I hadn't got up early I'd have still been in bed during the beautiful sunrise we had here this morning. Ok so it was even more stunning when I first got up but it still made a pretty nice photo by the time I'd remembered about LSNED and got my camera.
And how cool both the sun and the moon are in the shot? I didn't actually realise until after I'd taken the photo but never mind. I'll blame it on still being half asleep.

And so I've now printed the photo out and it's ready to scrap tomorrow. The class runs a day behind, so you scrap the previous days thoughts and ideas if that makes sense.
Oh and I got a delivery of the new Cosmo Cricket today, it's sooooooo pretty I can't stop stroking it!

7 comments:

Sarah C said...

That is one gorgeous photo. Love the story behind it too xx

secret scrapbooker said...

It looks like a great sunset , your covers are fab :0)

dottydotty said...

thats a good thing about autumn you don't have to get up quite so early to see the sunrise fab front page and cool story

Kerry said...

WOW what a gorgeous photo

Jenny said...

Great start! Love all the woodgrainyness of this album, I can't wait to see the rest :-) x x x

Polly said...

That's a great picture and a great lesson - the ultimate combination! I really like your cover too, that woodgrain ribbon is very cool.

I know what you mean about the new Cosmo Cricket lines, I'm currently trying to work though the 'they're too nice to actually use' stage myself.

Gez said...

Great photo. Great story. Looking forward to seeing it scrapped. I like your lesson on the front cover too. Have fun. Gez.