Monday, 3 August 2009

Good timing or what?

I decided to treat myself to a new lens on Saturday after a particularly hard week at work, the canon 50 - 250 IS telephoto to be exact as after nearly a year of photography with no zoom it was high time I got one!

So, armed with my new zoom we went out on the canal on Sunday and what did I see but a Kingfisher who to all intents and purposes appeared just for the sole purpose of me photographing him! He kept landing on a branch, waiting for us to catch up and then flying a little bit further on until he finally flew off into a field. Lucky of what? A Kingfisher has been on my list of things I want to photograph for ages, and on my first trip out with my new zoom I get the chance. Definately glad I bought it now!

It's been a while since I updated my blog, but in fairness I haven't been doing anything particular exciting (or atleast nothing I can share at the moment). However, I'm having to take a little bit of a step back from the virtual world of crafting forums and blogging, and also (shock horror) crafting. I have a limited amount of spare time and all of it has to be dedicated to something else at the moment. I'm not going to say it's going to be easier but it'll be worth it in the end. Afterall, what is the point if you don't follow your dreams?

So for now, the frequency of blog posts is going to drop a little. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll update once a week with some photos or maybe even something crafty if I manage to spare a little time to create. I am still hoping to do Learn Something New in September with Shimelle again this year, but instead will be focusing on just the words and photos. However, I'll still be about and will update when I can and will be keeping up to date with my friends blogs. And fingers crossed it won't be too long til I can share what this huge amount of effort is all about!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Excellent timing! Loving the Kingfisher, they're such a once in a blue moon sight, lucky girl.

So glad that you're enjoying your lens. My mum has got herselft a 450d now so she can see the screen!

Speak soon (need catch up!)

x x x

Anne said...

Amazing photograph! You were really lucky to get that!

Chris T said...

Very jealous of this. Would love to see a kingfisher let alone take a photo of one. The only ones I've seen have been in flight unfortunately!

Claireliz said...

What a great photo. Would love to know what you're up to :)