Thursday, 25 June 2009

Jenny Bowlin Goodness, how to store all that new stash and simple LO's

Mark's been away this week. On holiday. Well, I call it a holiday... he calls it work. In actual fact he's working on his friends challet in the Alps in France so it's a working holiday I guess. He's due back home tonight and as he's been away and I haven't I decided I deserved a little treat.

As it was my day off today (and although I love it when I get a day off during the week it also means I'm at work on Saturday which I definately don't like!) so I got up early and did some housework before setting off for a local craft shop. Not the best of shops, but when I last popped in they had some of the Martha Stewart punches so I went in with fingers and toes crossed that they might have the lace doily punch this time. Alas no luck, all they had was the picket fence one.

But not deterred, I went to the other local craft shop which is much much better (but I always spend way too much when I go in!). They have so much lovely stuff, before they opened I could only got this kinda stash online. This time they'd got a load of Jenny Bowlin stuff in so it would have been rude not to get some! I also let some thickers and sheet of embossed Anna Griffin fall into my basket while I was there too.

I also managed to get some more 1 inch book rings for my new storage rail. Mark put this up for me while I was at the GoGoGetaway and I love it sooooo much. The rail and little clips are from Ikea and although it's definately not an original idea it's so clever and is a great way to store all those funny shaped packages. And incase you're wondering, all those butterflies are part of a canvas I've been working on for my craft room. It's nearly finished and I'll share it all with you shortly when it's done.

Now that we're taking a bit more of an interest in the garden I decided it would be a lovely idea to do some sort of a garden journal. At the getway I treated myself to a 6x12 cordroy album which is lush for that very purpose, and the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird range is just perfect for the pages. Nothing complicated, infact very simple easy to put together pages as I want this to be a journal/photograph album with a bit of scrapbooking thrown in for good measure. I seem to have less and less time these days so this is just perfect for my life at the moment. The journaling is done on the computer on photoshop using a free typewriter font I downloaded ages ago (sorry I can't remember where but it was probably DaFont) and then printed directly onto kraft cardstock - another reason to love 6x12... you can print directly onto your LO's using a standard A4 printer!





I've got some other really exciting news to share soon, but I'll wait til I can blog about it properly and share it with you.
XXX

4 comments:

Craftybird said...

Teehee very honoured that one of your piccies is of goodies from our little shop - your photo of them really makes them look rather good! And great idea with the book rings - my craft stash is soooo disorganised, even though i organised it all into boxes, can't find a damn thing! And love your gardening journal, espesh on Kraft paper - I'm attempting growing seeds, you've inspired me to actually journal it :) x x

Tinkerbelle said...

Love your storage idea with the hooks and pole and the garden LO are yummy xxxx

Claireliz said...

Oooh they're lovely Emma, Glad Mark put your rail up for you, I see you picked up on my "it would be rude not too" philosphy, LOVE IT!!, & no I havent found a way to store my Thickers yet LOL!

CoventryAnn said...

Love your close up shots!