Thursday, 28 May 2009

I'm back, and this time with green fingers...

I've had a rather prolonged absence from the online world. As my college course came to an end my portfolios and written work demanded all of my spare time and attention and sadly it was my time online that had to give.

So what have I been up to? Well...

I spent a week in our friends beautiful villa in Spain, where I spent most of the time relaxing by our own private pool. I can highly recommend it!!!

I've also been appreciating just how lucky I am at home as well, we live in a lovely little village that is on the outskirts of a city. The best of both worlds. I live just a 10 minute walk from this gorgeous place, perfect for a walk on a Sunday morning.

And we've also been trying our hand at gardening for the first time. Some of the plants (like the lupin) where here already in the garden, but I've been trying to look after them as best as I can and I'm now starting to see the rewards.

And we've also decided to try and grow some of our own vegetables! Mark's Mum Yvonne kindly gave us 3 tomato plants she'd grown and they are now in a grow bag and seem to be doing well.

And in the rest of the space in the grow bag we also sowed some spring onion and radishes, they've just started to sprout today so I must be doing something right!


I'll be back again soon, with some crafty projects to share. Now my college course has finished I'll be able to make more regular updates again and will have time to catch up with all my blogger friends.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! Fab to see you back! Well done on the gardening, i hope to sample a tomato sliced onto a burger if we have that bbq ;-) x x x

Claireliz said...

Welcome to the obsessive world of veg growing LOL!!
Hmmm what will we be doing this time next week? ;-)
x