Monday, 16 March 2009

Hand Made D Ring Binder Album

Ok so after a failed attempt a while ago me and Mark decided to have another go at making my own D Ring Binder album and hurrah it's actually worked and I'm sat here with my very own hand made album. I decided to start small and it's a little one designed to hold 6x6 page protectors as I'm using it as a photo album...



I did it to look like the American Crafts Modern albums with the fabric spine and plain chipboard covers and I'd really happy with it. This one holds 6x6 page protectors and tomorrow night I'm going to do a full size 12x12 one now I've figured out the best way to do it.
Would anyone be interested in a tutorial on how to make it? If you are leave me a comment and let me know and I'll put one together with photos and step by step instructions. It's so much cheaper than buying an album, which is important these days!
Oh and I will be back with a bigger update soon, I've got loads of LO's to share and photos from my trip to the alps... I've been meaning to blog sooner but life got in the way!

23 comments:

Biskit said...

Looks great! I'd be interested in see how its done.

Clairewill said...

I would love to see how you did it, especially when you do your 12x12. Looks great!

Ruthie said...

I'd love to see how you did it. I made a recipe binder for a friend with one of the American Crafts ones, but like you said they aren't cheap.

mandijane said...

It's brilliant...I'd love to see a tutorial....you should be chuffed with yourself :)

Julie said...

Yes please Miss! It's rather wonderful :D

daydreamer said...

Ooh lovely, i'd like to know how to make one too! :)
Rach xx

Debsg said...

Very interesting. Good job.

Miss Natz said...

Looks so good, I'd love a tutorial!

Julia Dunnit said...

Yeah,I too would love to seehow you did it. Looks FAB.

Jenny said...

Can I just have an album?! Tee hee, it's lovely x x

Annie said...

It looks GREAT. I'd definately be interested in a tutorial, as long as you promise it isn't too difficult!

AuroraDawn said...

I'd love to see a tutorial too, fab binder

AD
xxx

Ayesha said...

id love to know i think id save heeps of cash lol

Sam said...

This looks great, id love to see how its done!

Kerry said...

WOW well done.

Heather said...

I'd love to see how you did it! it looks great and I randomly bought some 6x6 page protectors but have nothing to put them in yet. A homemade option would definitely be preferable at the moment.

beksynormz said...

I'd be well up for a tutorial, I would love a D ring album but would rather spend the money on more interesting stash! x

Ifa said...

Wow, brilliant. What I want to know is where you got the binding mechanism ?

Linda said...

I have tried various ways of making my own and none of them worked so I would very much be interested in how you did it. Thanks for being willing to share.

Tinkerbelle said...

Wow, how clever... I hope you don't mind me popping on xxxx looking forward to more posts xxx

Amanda said...

Wow this is fab i would def be interested in a tutorial i am in need of a new album so if i can make one that would be even better :)

katharine said...

oh a tutorial would be sooooooooo great, am loving the album

angely said...

Hi from Denmark. We would love to see a how2 ;) Thanks for a wonderful blog.