Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Project 365 - Days 26 & 27 Hoorah for daylight and have your cake and eat it!

Back to my Project 365 again for this post.

Day 26 saw me arriving home after work in daylight. Yes really, actual proper daylight instead of it being pitch black or sunset. I was so excited I ran upstairs to get the camera but then was a little stumped as to what to take photos of. Our garden is by no means the prettiest of places so being strapped for time my car made the ideal subject for me to play about with the fabulous limited depth of field I'm able to achieve on my 50mm 1.8 lens.

Not a wonderfully exciting subject I know but it's still a bit of a landmark photo for my project, marking the very start of daylight photos on a work day!


And then on to today and a very special someones birthday. As this person is opting out of being blogged for my Project 365 I was limited as to which of the photos I took tonight I could use. I had some brilliant fun shots but sadly couldn't use them for this... ok so he's in this one too but you can't really see him can you?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Mmm yummy, lucky you getting some daylight I bet that was really exciting! x x x

Kerry said...

They are both great shots. The car one is a particularly good idea as you won't have it forever and it is good to remember things like that.

I'm with you on the daylight thing. My husband and daughter are both out before it gets light and home after the sun sets so they are always complaining.

Ruthie said...

I love the DOF on the car shot, it's a great shot.

Ruthie x