Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Project 365 Catch Up - Days 18, 19 & 20 and REALLY BIG NEWS!

First off, the catch up...

Day 18 saw a really clear evening with loads of stars out so we couldn't resist having a look at them. I noticed the horizon was pretty light with the silhouettes of the trees standing out and decided to have a go at a wide angle shot. Love the fact that the photo has ended up looking like a sunset on the horizon but you can see the stars in the sky. Not sure how well it's turned out when I've compressed and uploaded with all the lost detail. but on the full size original it looks ace. This one is getting printed at A4 for pride of place in my album!

Oh and yes I realise this one doesn't have the white frame I'm using the upload my Project 365 photos with but it just looked silly with it.
Day 19 saw me doing a little something different in terms of craftyness. I've cross stitched occasionally in the past and have decided to do another little one, thought it would be a nice little ongoing project to relax with in the evening whilst watching tv.

And for tonight? A bit of a cop out really, I wasn't inspired and really couldn't be bothered so I just took this quick snap of a pineapple looking down on it as I liked the shapes. Am I that proud of this photo? No not really but atleast I still took one!

And now for the BIG news.....

{{{Drum roll please}}}

Ok enough with the suspense, I'm going to a Go Go Getaway retreat!!! How ace is that? And it's not even the one in October, it's the long sold out June one this year. I've been really lucky and managed to bag myself a spare ticket that came up because someone had to pull out.

I'll be travelling down with Sarah and Claire and am really looking forward to meeting some of my "cyber friends" in real life like Laura, Leanne and Rachel. How much fun?

10 comments:

sam said...

nice fruit shot, i'm doing 365 photos too and got stuck to day so gave the cmaera to my daughter :)

Leanne said...

yay! can't wait to meet IRL!! loving the pics btw! and those lickle numbers on text paper! scrummy!! I need some lol!! Lx

Tontodollydog said...

Just popped over from UKS to have a little look at your blog - your photos are amazing very inspirational - I am a point and shoot kind of person unfortunately. :-)

Amanda x

joanold said...

I just love the pineapple shot. I can't wait to buy one now to look at it properly.

Julia Dunnit said...

LOVE your photography - the pineapple desreves pride too! As for GoGo..lucky you, enjoy!

Jenny said...

Oooo you lucky lady, i feel rather left out. When is it in June? hope you can still make our wedding. We were thinking do you n mark fancy introducing us to Ming Dynsasty? lol x x x

jo said...

Fab photos and looking forward to meeting you in real life at the Getaway in June.

Micayla said...

OOOOH you lucky thing, not jealous or anything!!!(she says green with envy)I hope you have soooo much fun and it will be great to meet up with some cyber pals, how cool!
So loving the horizon shot, it is gorgeous!
Mucho love for the week.
xxx

Helsbells said...

Really like the horizon shot - the lighting is gorgeous. I keep pondering over starting some cross stitch again as I find it really relaxing when I do it on layouts. Love the picture of you doing it :)

jay670120 said...

gosh you are doing well with taking photos everyday !!
glad you got to go on your retreat , I'm going on my first scrapbooking retreat this year with a few friends in a cottage, Far smaller scale but still exciting x