Monday, 8 December 2008

The one with all the christmas decorations...

We finally managed to get our christmas decorations up yesterday. Ok actually let me rephrase that, I finally managed to get our christmas decorations up yesterday whilst Mark played about with computers and electrical bits!

Now that they are all up it's starting to feel a lot more like christmas at home. Well they are nearly all, there's a few bits left to do including some stockings I'm making myself (complete with jingle bells!) that need the tops putting on them but other than that it's pretty much done! We don't have much, we've only been leaving together for just over a year and this is our second christmas living together (6th as an actual couple though which is rather scarey!).

I'm a bit particular when it comes to my decorations. For starters I have to do the tree and you can't just chuck everything on it needs to be balanced. Oh and everything has to be red and gold. No exceptions, my colour scheme is red and gold which in my eyes just screams christmas and that's final... no other colours are allowed to sneak in no matter how cute the decoration is!

So now do you want to see some pictures? Of course you do!

This completely gorgeous chap was bought a little earlier on this year when christmas decorations first started appearing in the shops again. I couldn't resist him he's soooo cute! He's actually meant to be a tree topper I think but they had him sat on a stair rail like this in the shop and I thought he'd be just perfect for our stairs.

The majority of our decorations are in the living room and are all kinda grouped round the fireplace as I always find that fires remind me of christmas anyway.

This has got to be my favourite photo out of all those I took, I love these Baubles anyway, they are so lush and opulent and there's just something about this shot that I really like!

This beautiful wire angel is also meant to be a tree topper but I thought she was just perfect for my fireplace (along with the cool metal reindeer I bought last year - no photo of those but if you look carefully at the shot with the fireplace in it you can see them on the other side of the mantel piece).
And finally the bauble tree, I picked this up this year and it's to go in the dining room as something a little bit different. It does however break my rule of only red and gold as the tree itself is silver... but that's not the actual decoration is it? Afterall my big tree is green isn't it... Or am I just making excuses now and before I know it I'll have a multicoloured chirstmas!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Gorgeous decs emma! we have one of those gold angels too, on our economy seven heater lol! Cant wait to come and see them x

Fiona said...

Super looking decs.

Louise said...

You have just made me smile! pre-daughter, i too had a classy, fully coordinated tree, however, Amelia has a new ornament of her own each year - again fully coordinating when i could choose them but now.... I have a straw reindeer on thetree, a bright pink woolly fairy, decs that have been coloured in with felt tip pen (see my port today). yes i try to move them round the back but they always end up right back where she put them!!!

I have resorted to a 2nd tree in the hall though.

CoventryAnn said...

Beautiful photos, love your reindeer, and that bauble shot looks like it could have come from a mag!!

Rachel said...

Love your photos, absolutely gorgeous.

Micayla said...

Oh Emma, it looks gorgeous!
I too have to coordinate everything, Steve laughs at me and tells me I am daft, but it is the way I like it!
The photo's are fantastic, gotta get pic's of mine, but I am going to cheat and wait till I have my new lens and tripod, yay!!!

Chris T said...

Lovely photos & I like your colour scheme.

Carrie said...

Great pictures! Really pretty color scheme!

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

Great set of photos, love the way your tree looks. Very sophisticated :)

Ifa said...

That reindeer is very cute.

PinkLadyMel said...

Gorgeous photographs and I wubs that reindeer he is the cutest little guy ever. YAY Christmas can begin!!

I know what you mean about the tree.. Mine has to be symmetrical and balanced.. aren't we a pair of funsters LOL

voodoo vixen said...

Your decs look stunning Emma, very Home and Garden, and that's in a nice way!! Great photo of the bauble... mine always come out pants....

jay670120 said...

love your fireplace xxx

lauren said...

I LOVE your doggie/reindeer tree topper!!! I would love one... where did you get it??

Tash said...

Wow - your house looks just fabby - and so festive! Particularly jealous of you having a proper fireplace......