Monday, 1 December 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...everywhere I go! Seriously, not only is that true but I have had that song in my head all day and have been humming it to myself.

On a similar note, Journal Your Christmas starts today and when I got home from work I was excited to be able to read my first prompt which is all about doing a manifesto. I had intended to write my own but I actually really like the standard one from the class so will be using this instead.

Starting today, December first, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something every day to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of the future. To some, this would be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and most importantly I am giving at least fifteen minutes to myself, every day, no matter how crazy this season becomes. This Christmas I will make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.

Some people are using this as their page for the 1st December but I'm going to use it as my introduction page and for the 1st I'm going to journal about how cold it's been today (and yesterday!). The car said is was -7°C from when I started it up all the way into work. I've actually never seen it show a temperature that low before! I'm not sure if it was accurate but it certainly felt that cold.

Ok so this pretty photo isn't actually from today (I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark at the moment boohoo), I took it yesterday in my back garden. There was so much frost it actually looked like snow when I first got up and it was the same when I got up this morning. They have been predicting a really cold winter and it looks like they might be right!

12 comments:

jay670120 said...

lovely photo , ive joined JYC too this year havent posted my pic its a bit naff to show off x

SABEE said...

Stunning photo. and yes it is cold out there...

Bernice said...

I agree with you ~ I think the manifesto seems more like an introduction. I have done mine as an intro and plan to record the events of Dec 1st just as soon as the phtos appear on Facebook! See my blog www.newlycreative.blogspot.com to find out more.

sarahp said...

Im loving the photo and yes it sure is cold. xxx

Julie said...

Stunning Photograph

Gem said...

Great photo - good luck with JYC :) x

annie2006 said...

great photo. it hasnt been that cold where i am today but i do sympathise with the going to and from work in the dark. x

Jenny said...

Beautiful pic, can't wait to see your pages!! Yes the pic is through the lounge door you'll have to nip over for a sherry one night to see ;-) xxx

Ayesha said...

phhoto is fab... we seen a few flakes of ssnow but thats it for us.....

lauren said...

Brrrrrrrrrr... great photo!

Fiona said...

Great photo. I have still to make a start on my Journal.

Micayla said...

Emma, that photo is gorgeous. -7 well I can totally believe that. When I fed Emily at 4.15am I was freezing, then i had to go and make her morning bottle up and I swear it would of been colder in my bathroom than ouside!!!
Looking forward to seeing your pages! You always make me wanna scrap.
xx