Tuesday, 25 November 2008

The one about the new craft shop, another new camera (maybe!) and a trip to the seaside...

Ok first off I pinched the idea for "The one about..." title from Micayla but I was stuck for a title for this post and I love how she always does hers like that, oh how I love Friends!

My blog has been a little bit neglected this week as after starting a new full time job (after not working for a while) I've been struggling a little bit with keeping up with everything and so both my crafting and my time online have suffered. However, I am enjoying the job (a HR Clerk if you really wanted to know!) and will certainly appreciate the extra money. I'm already making plans to save up for a new DSLR. This one was bought by Mark and I always said I'd pay him back when I had enough money but now he's said he'd rather I bought a new one for myself and he'll keep this one for himself. So rather than simply saving up for another 450D I'm going to take a big plunge and start saving my hard earned pennies for a Canon 5D, yes I want to start playing with the big boys now! Watch this space as hopefully come summer time I may well have one.

I guess working full time has also encouraged me to make the most of my time off. I work alternative Saturdays and when the week I'm in on a Saturday I have a day off during the week (which this week was today!) so I decided to take myself off to visit a new craft shop in Preston and then to take some photos.

The craft shop was lovely, they already are stocking things I've never seen in a Bricks and Morter store before (Pink Paislee) and they are definately getting October Afternoon ASAP. They are also considering stocking Sassafras and Hambly. Can you imagine that, all in my local craft shop? Maybe I won't be getting my 5D so soon afterall!

After that I took a trip to Preston docks and then onto Southport. I hung around in Southport until sunset (which is shockingly early now) and managed to capture some great shots. This has to be my favourite of the day.


It's looking out along the pier at Southport just after the lights had come on and the sun was setting. The light was so pretty, I just wish there had been a few more clouds in the sky to help pick up the red of the setting soon and make the sky a little more atmospheric. I'll definately be revisiting there soon to see if I can make any improvements on this!

7 comments:

Jo Power said...

What a fabulous photo. I love the light and the feeling of it well done.

Jenny said...

Emma it's beautiful, you made good use of your day off!!! x

Helsbells said...

Nice shot of the pier. It's ages since I've been to Southport - might have to persuade DH to take us there at the weekend to see some sea (not that you see much there though!)

CRAFTERESA said...

oh my goodness what a fabulous photo thanks for sharing it, as i am living in St Annes I am really interested in you local craft shop which you mentioned, would you mind letting me know more details of where it is and the name please ;o)
www.crafteresa.blogspot.com
or
crafteresa@googlemail.com

thanks
and I hope your pennies mount up real quick for the new camera!

voodoo vixen said...

Congrats on starting the new job, sorry its eating into your scrap time!

Claireliz said...

Fab photo Emma. Exactly where is this craft shop? I feel a trip to Preston coming on :)

Vee said...

What a stunning photo! So beautiful x