Monday, 3 November 2008

A little creative photo editing

I've been playing around in Photoshop CS3 this morning, trying to get to grips with some of it's many many features to help me when I'm editing my photos. Quite often I find that my photos are a little wonky and the horizon often dips off to one side a little.

In this one it was quite a spectacular dip to onside... I have absoloutely no idea why it was at such an angle (and no I hadn't been drinking!) but this was the best photo of the swan out of a series I took. I like the way the ripples frame it.

So I set about both correcting the view point and cloning out the nasty car and trailer that are in the background behind the boats on the right hand side. For my first attempt I don't think I've done too badly, but would love to have your feedback on it so please leave a comment!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

I think you have done a brilliant job :)

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Great photo and I love your editing work as well. You managed to keep the integrity of the swan and the ripples.

annie2006 said...

your photo looks great!

Debsg said...

Great job. I quite liked the quirky angle of the first one though, but it looks better without the cars. Well done.

Vee said...

What a difference! Although I have to say I quite liked the quirkiness of the first one! :)

CRAFTERESA said...

Emma you are really gifted, I have never had the opportunity to work with photoshop but now I want it!!!
I love the way the ripples frame the swan and yes the cars gone is a good thing
well done

Claireliz said...

Emma you are very talented & I'm very jealous LOL. I wish I had the patience to learn to remove unwanted items from my photos, but I get fed up & end up bodging it.

~Vicki~ said...

oh wow you did really great!!!