Tuesday, 4 November 2008

"Bebe never sits on anyone's knee..."

…Or so everyone insists on telling me all the time and they never believe me when I tell them that actually he does sit on me. But now I have photographic proof to prove them all wrong!

First of all, a little about Bebe for those of you who haven’t met him before. If you scroll back a few posts I posted some photos of him inside on the sofa for the first time, something he never does. Because well basically Bebe is an old tom cat who got neutered and turned into this big soft loveable thing. He still doesn’t really get on with other cats but he adores people and always wants strokes and attention although he's still a little unsure of some things. Most people get sick of this after a while and ignore him. Me on the other hand has to make a fuss of him every time I see him. He does a great puss in boots impression from Shrek, I just can’t resist those eyes!

This is stage one, when you sit down he comes and sits next to you be it on the floor or on a bench he just comes and sits right by you and looks at you saying "stroke me, stroke me"! So for a while you stroke him and he's quite content and enjoying himself.

Next however he wants to get a bit closer but he's not quite sure enough yet to sit on you properly so he juts puts his front legs on you and keeps his bum firmly on the ground! However, if you keep up the stroking and making a fuss of him this happens...
Bebe sits on your knee! I think the thing with this is he needs a lot of sustained attention to get to the point where he wants to sit on you and most people aren't fool enough to do it. Me on the other hand is far too soft and can't help but make a huge fuss of him all the time.
Also thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment on the previous post, it means a lot to me as it's the first time I've attempted something like that. And lets be honest now, we all love comments don't we!

10 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Aaaaw, would you look at those eyes... what a beautiful cat and all he wants is 24 hour smooths... that's not much to ask... now is it? LOL

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Awww what a sweet looking cat. I'm sure he deserves all the attention you give him.

jay670120 said...

lol you cat lovers are funny , Cutie though x

Jo Power said...

Its got to be those eyes they could melt any heart. What a sweetie give him a love from me as well please.

Claire aka Feline said...

Awww how could you resist fussing him, he's lovely and very handsome ;)

I have a girly cat who starts off a little shy and can often be very stand offish lol, but she eventually after much fuss comes round...cats eh you gotta love em xxx

Claireliz said...

Those eyes say it all. stroke me , love me, purr. x

Jenny said...

I wanna meet!! Nice photoshop action on the boats, now are you sure you didnt photoshop bebe onto your knee?? hehehe just kidding

my5bratz said...

well I love the pics on the angle.. and puss would get a LOT of lovin at my house too (love cats hubby doesnt so no cats here :0( p.s...LOVE the "Me" LO...I might just have to scraplift it ;)

great blog (and thanks for the comments on mine(s)..lol

Julie said...

Emma what a gorgous cat and those eyes are to die for. I would sit with him all day if I was allowed to lol.

Great photos too.

kelly said...

haha you tell em!