Monday, 20 October 2008

SOS Monday

I did this LO for the latest challenge over on Dreamgirls to "Scrap It Pink". The challenge was to use the colour scheme black & pink (in honour of Breast Cancer awareness month) but with no Paterned Paper and you must use some lace. Thanks for a great challenge girls, I really enjoyed this one!




I've used Bazzill card stock and inked the edges with two different shades of pink and then hand stitched a border. The journalling card is from the Making Memories noteworthy range and little pink women are hand cut from Bazzill Bling using a Maya road chipboard embellishment for a template.

The little flower embellishment I made from a circle cut from a mesh fabric, a chipboard flower I've had in my stash for ages, a pink Prima flower, a polka dot button and some pink pearl pins.

So now onto SOS, or Show off Sunday on HSMS... Except I didn't get chance to blog these photos I took last night yesterday so I'm blogging them today. Hence... Show off Sunday on Monday!

Meet Bebe, the most adorable cat ever. He used to be the neighbourhood tom cat until someone down the street took him to be neutered. However, what they didn't bank on was how soft and soppy he'd turn after he'd been done! They didn't want him and he wandered into our garden and never went away. I'm convinced he never goes further than next doors garden as you just have to stand at the back door and shout his name and within a few minutes he always appears.



I call him a dog cat, he runs down the garden to you when you call him and always wants attention. So the opposite of most cats, far more like a dog. He's huge too, quite a bit bigger than a lot of small dogs... Although he is a bit podgey these days. It used to be all muscle but since he had the snip it's turned to fat as he doesn't do anything anymore. Despite a strict diet he's only loosing it very slowly.

Normally he only comes in the kitchen, he refuses to go into the rest of the house. It's funny as he's so settled in the kitchen and will quite happily sleep in there all night as he's litter trained but he just doesn't like the rest of the house. Anyway, last night Mark picked him up and brought him in the living room (not expecting him to stay but we're ever hopefull) and he settled down quite happily! After a bit of fuss infront of the fire he jumped up on the sofa and went to sleep! He was so cute and I just couldn't resist grabbing my camera for some fab shots.

I've got a bit of an obsession with cats' paws' they are just soooooo cute! As Bebe was a tom cat for many years his are HUGE so I just had to get some shots of them.

Ok so maybe not 1 photo for SOS but several but I love them so much, these are the first photos I've ever got of Bebe inside so I'm well chuffed with them!

And onto Monday's prompt, Set... I thought about this and wandered round the house but nothing really jumped out at me (apart from the tea and coffee canisters but they are pretty boring) so I wandered back into my craft room (where the computer is) and just had to snap this shot of my set of little RUB boxes I have on my desktop for organising my supplies and tools I like to have close at hand when crafting.

14 comments:

Diana said...

Great choice for set and I do love that cat's paws! well I mean that dog cat! LOL

Bobs said...

Gorgeous pussy cat! Love his feet!

I also love your LO - such a great idea.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lots of super shots here Emma :-) Great LO and Bebe ones too.

Loving your "Set". Just how tidy and organised are you! Excellent motivation for me to try and do something with my stash, (seriously thinking about going 100% digi . . . well apart from embellishments and rub ons and punches and . . . ;-)

Thanks for your comment . . . Sue :-)

Dolores said...

love your layout thanks for participating.

Cheyne said...

Definite set!! Makes me want to clean up my desk!

Chris T said...

Hi fellow UKS member. Great set shot - wow what a tidy stash! (I'm Oakwoodlott on UKS)

Igotmebabe said...

Ohh you are way to tidy :)
Great shots, really love the dog cat's paw
Janette

Micayla said...

Fab layout, I would suck at using no patterned paper!!!
The photo's are great too, better get scrapping them as I cannot wait to see some new layouts!

Hazel said...

Lovely shots of the cat - and good choice for 'set' (I have lots of those boxes) and the LO is super

rachel whetzel said...

LOVE the page you did for Dream Girls!! Thank you so much for playing with us!!

TanishaRenee said...

love your LO, thanks for playing along with the dreamgirls!!!

Julie said...

Wonderful photos Emma.

You have my little cat when I saw your photos thought our Sunny had jumped into the pc. I have two black/white cats and they are just like yours and into everything too.

Glenda T. said...

I really love how you did the title and those pink potty girls rock! Thanks for playing with us!!

debbiefitz said...

Wonderful LO - thanks for taking our challenge! Love your kitty photos. He looks like a love!