Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Reflect

Todays prompt over at HSMSHS is Reflect. So many different options and possibilities to run with on this but I'm at home today and don't have a huge number of possibilities. I thought about using a cheat photo from our trip on the canal but decided against it as I do have ways of doing it right here today.

It started off as a bog standard lets take a photo of me taking a photo in the mirror. Everyone's done and it to be honest in amongst the chores I wasn't feeling all that creative.

However, when I started shooting I noticed that the flowers I have in a vase on the fireplace were also reflected in the mirror and I thought focusing on the reflection of those but still getting me in the mirror would give the standard photo of yourself in the mirror a bit of an interesting twist.

So I guess the lesson learnt today is that even the most standard or typical of photos can be made a little bit different and more interesting if you try!

No layouts to share today I'm afraid but after my chores and errands are done I'm going to get some scrapping done this afternoon. I already have one particular design going round in my head that I just have to get down on paper.

13 comments:

Bobs said...

Ooooh - are those STargazer Lilies? They're my favourite flowers in the whole world - the perfume is incredible!

Great shots in the mirror!

xx

Dawne said...

i love this shot xx

Rach said...

I'm with Bobs they are my favourite flowers ever too. We have just booked a week on a canal next easter and can't wait. x

Karen said...

Beautiful flowers and nice self-portrait.

Cheyne said...

Very creative!

sam said...

really like the first shot of you,

Hazel said...

Such beautiful flowers and great shots.

Chris T said...

Great reflect - nice idea!

Gemma* said...

great idea to get yourself and the flowers in the shot :)

Claireliz said...

Hi Emma
Great photos. I've not started my City & Guilds yet, I'm hoping to do that next year, I'll be coming to you for tips :)
Loving your blog.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous pics emma, you are looking great! Fab flowers too :)

Sue Nicholson said...

Great twist on the shot :-) I'd get that pollen everywhere!!! :-)

CRAFTERESA said...

what a wonderful self portrait
well done