Saturday, 18 October 2008

He said his name is George and HSMSHS!

Meet George, the friendly (and oh so gorgeous) Siamese cat who lives down the road. When he first started turning up I thought he might have escaped from his home as he had no collar on but I then found out he actually lived just down the road from me. As you know we have been caring for one of the stable cats who we named George (who actually turned out to be a Georgina...) so no wonder this lovely chap turned up after I'd been stood in the garden shouting his name! When his owner told me that his name was George it all made sense why he had started tuning up!

He still comes to say hello most days if he sees me out in the garden and runs in the house at any given opportunity (which is kinda annoying as it means doors have to be kept shut most of the time but as the weather is definately getting colder it's actually not that bad) but he's so lovely I just had to do this page to remember the story!


This is also my entry for Challenge Four over at the fantastic challenge blog The CrEative TyPe, to create your own type... I hand drew and hand cut the word George from some vintage sheet music and although I don't normally really like my hand writing I'm actually quite impressed with these letters and will definately be doing it again.

I've used PP from Imagination Project, American Crafts, October Afternoon and KI Memories and some October Afternoon diecuts as well as lots of other bits and pieces from my stash


The little fabric embellishments I made frm circles of fabric that I sewed into rosettes and finished off with a button. The instructions for how to make these can be found on Heather Baileys blog.


Ok so what is this HSMSHS (Her Space, My Space, His Space) thing all about that I keep seeing on people's blogs... I finally decided to investigate and it's a photography challenge blog run by the oh so talented Anita Mundt. I'll definately be taking part in this when I can.

Anyway, thought I'd have a go at todays prompt which is SPS (Someone's Portrait Saturday) and here's my entry...


Mark sat on the front of the boat on the canal, just love this shot of him. Taken on my Canon EOS 450D f5.6, ISO 200, shutter speed 1/250 and focal length 55mm.

I was very impressed this morning as yesterday I decided I wanted a Dymo Omega label writer as I was sick of seeing everyone using the cool journalling strips on their LO's and not being able to do it myself. Anyone, I read on UKS that Lidl had in the past had them on offer for £4.99 (they are normally about £10) so I popped into my local Lidl on the off chance but not expecting anything and luckily they had just one left in in this big box of past offers!

Oh and I've also ordered some very cool woodgrain tape from Katy, check it out you can buy it for £1.55 a roll on her blog!

Also, check out Linda's Stampin Up blog (better known as Gadget Monkey on UKS!), she's a superb Stampin Up demonstrator who I use and she's giving away some gorgeous blog candy that she made herself to promote the latest items out of the new catalogue. Check it out, not only is the candy just stunning but she has some great inspirational projects on there too.

And, (as if that wasn't enough!) there's yet more blog candy to be had in the form of a £20 voucher for Joanne Sheen's shop, just check out Edna's blog for details of how to win... such a fab blog candy give away and so generous of Edna.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely SPS, looks so peaceful.

Welcome to HSMSHS, watch out though, it's addictive - even though I often don't keep up daily I always check the prompt and find I'm looking out for a suitable picture all day!

Zoe said...

Fab SPS, HSMSHS is definitely addictive, though I think your blog may just become that too - I love it! Esp love the button LO - gorgeous and those cute rosettes.

x

Micayla said...

Love the layout, funny story too! We found a little kitten in our garden and named it George too! We couldnt keep him, so took him to be looked after by the RSPCA. I feel inspired to scrap his sweet photo's now!!
Love the photo of Mark, such a fab angle, I will have to take a look at this website!
have a fab weekend.

anita said...

nice to see a new member playing along on HSMSHS :)
anita
x

Cheyne said...

Welcome to HSMSHS and yes, it is addictive!!

Great sps!

Sandy said...

oh yeah!! totally cute - i love your homemade letters!! thanks so much again for playing with us!!! xo sandy

Rosietoes said...

Hi Emma,
Thank you for joining in with the birthday draw. All the best! Ednax

judean said...

Thanks for playing along at Creative Type! Your hand-cut letters look perfect here--and they add a nice sense of 'you' to the page!

Pam said...

Emma-I just love that Lo-and the hand done title just adds that something extra-thanks for playing