Monday, 7 July 2008

My Freedom Album Cover









Ok so as promised here's my album cover! I really love this and all the little details. The beading was a great find and I love the fabrics used as well as the hot pink lace. Ok well I just love all of it. Most of the stash (the fabrics, the lace, the beading, the ribbons and the embroidery thread) is from my local haberdashery store. The chipboard letters are Sparkly Sweet by K&Co and the fibres are by Blonde Moments. I got the buttons from a fab Etsy seller called BigFish.







The album started life as a plain PM hot pink album that I had lying around spare that was begging to be put to use for something and this class was ideal. I've not put a picture in just yet as I want to see more about the theme of the class before I choose the right photo.


Although I did have an idea about the design it just kind of came together and I'm really pleased with the overall look and the colours are perfect for the papers and embellishments I've put together in my kit for this class.

27 comments:

Chiara said...

Followed the link from Shimelles board and I must say I absolutely love what you did to that album it looks so happy now.

Miss Magic said...

Love what you have done to the album, the colours are amazing. I may leave mine until the end.

valerie said...

stunning cover and lots of inspiration on how I cna dress up my very unispring one

Val

Beautifullily said...

Love how you've transformed a plain album, it's gorgeous

Julie said...

Love what you did to that album Emma - Great blog btw.

Denise said...

Followed the link from Shimelle's board and your album is beautiful x

Mariangeles M said...

Great job!!!

~wenhether~ said...

Love what you did with your album!

KarenSue said...

beautiful!!

CoCo said...

Wow - love that album! It's fab and you'll be so inspired to fill it...or at worst, just look at it. It's gorg.

{Lara} said...

that's a really great colour combo

Shelley Burkett said...

This looks gorgeous!

pjbear said...

Love the cover, it's got me thinking about mine now, thanks for your comment on my blog.

CloClo said...

I love the cover of your album Emma - its so bright and colourful - great job!

Rhona said...

Love all the bits on your album cover. Look forward to seeing what you do to go in it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

Jeanne Ann said...

Wow it is beautiful! I haven't even got that far yet!

rachel said...

oooh lovely bright album, very my style cant wait to see what you create = rachel

Steph said...

Brilliant! Love the colours and all the different textures

Inspiration Alley said...

Beautiful album, particularly like the hot colours and beading.

LisaMarie said...

also followed from Shimelles site, one word, brilliant !

purplecrazymum said...

love the colours!! Great job!

Anita said...

Wow what a truely stunning album

kathj said...

wow it looks great!

SABEE said...

Oh My this looks stunning !!!!

Michelle said...

what a beautiful album you made. Love the colors and the beads.

jay670120 said...

wow lovely cover just had to comment x

debs14 said...

I love the way you have turned a simple plain album into a personal work of art! It's amazing!