Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Cupcakes, time travel and other musings

I've been baking today for the first time in a long time. I'm in the Cupcake Recipe Swap on UKS and well I just had to make sure the recipe was ok didn't I? I'm sure Mark will be happy when he comes home and is surprised by cupcakes. I guess I really should bake more. My Mum ran a business for many years making novelty and wedding cakes and she's passed on all the tricks of the trade and even if I do say so myself I do bake a mean cake. It's all in the eggs...

I'm off to a good start with Shimelle's class My Freedom. I've taken nearly all of my photos although I could do with one more for "Time". Today's blogging prompt is all about time travel. It got me thinking and I don't think I'd choose to travel back in time like most would but instead I'd love unlimited time to travel. There's so many places in the world I want to visit but haven't. New York. Paris. The Phillipines. Australia. New Zealand. Thailand. Japan. The list goes on and on. But quite simply we don't have the time (or the money to afford both the cost of travelling and the time off) to do them all. I'm sure one day I will but I want to go now. Imagine a limitless vacation that went on and on and you could to as many places as you wanted. Now that would be perfect!

Perhaps I've got a little off subject there but never mind. And to finish (and still keeping with the theme of travel) here's my favourite photo on the theme of travel from yesterday of my dear car Azzy!

8 comments:

valerie said...

cool car

Beautifullily said...

That's the second picture I've seen from the UKS recipe swap - I think I should have joined in, they look yummy!

CloClo said...

Great photo of the car, and the cupcakes look great. I like your response to the blog prompt - I would also like to travel to a lot of places and should really just get up and do it while I'm still young and relatively carefree!

Julie said...

Those cakes look so yummy great pic of the car I would also like to vist so many more places including Alaska.

elliemook said...

Those cup cakes look yummy! I love your album by the way, really need to get myself sorted and get mine decorated, its still blank and looking rather sorry for itself lol x

Rhona said...

I'm with you on the lots of places to see but not the time/money to go. These cupcakes on the blogs are making me think maybe I should be baking ;o)

kelly said...

they look fabby!!! the class sounds fab wish i had signed up to it now. love your album for it too

jay670120 said...

your car is called AZZY ???!!! thats my daughters name !!! well her real name is azaria but we call her azzie xxx